We have found Siligum to be a superior 2 part moulding compound. While a little more expensive than some it yields the highest quality molds of any other material we have found yet. It also has fantastic working qualities when compared to other alternatives. As artists ourselves it is what we use and highly recommend it. It comes in re sealable containers that keep it fresh. It should be used within 12 months of purchase.
1. By hand mix/knead two even amounts of blue and white compound. A scale makes this a very precise process.
2. Once you have mixed to consistent color (light blue) you have up to 4 minutes to create impression. You can impress objects(fingerprints for example) into it or press compound onto something to make impression.
3. It then takes about 5 minutes for it to set to firm yet flexible mold.
4. It sets to slick finish that make releasing casts easy.
5. It is rated to produce at least 50 casts in resins, wax ,clays and low melting point metals.
6. It also withstand up to 570f / 300c for short periods of time.
Available in 100g and 300g sizes.